Sunday, March 9, 2014

Countdowns and Love Lists

Today is March 9th. Which means that there are:

6 months
184 days
4, 416 hours
264,960 seconds

...until FALLING INTO PLACE comes out and my head explodes. Wow. Like, I see the numbers and I have a vague concept that months/days/hours/seconds are divisions of time or something, but I can't actually wrap my head around the idea that this thing I made in my head is going to be...bound? On shelves? Available for purchase? In SIX MONTHS?!

I am terrified and excited and happy beyond words, and to celebrate, I'm going to do a love list, which is a non-exhaustive list of the things you love about a manuscript (inspired by my wonderful CP Mark O'Brien, who was inspired KK Hendin, who was inspired by Rachel, who was inspired by Stephanie Perkins). 

FALLING INTO PLACE

voicemails
chalk drawings on the roof
scenic towers
flying
jumping off the swings
snapshots
countdowns
Newton
a 1967 Ford Falcon
being wrong
being right
being
hide-and-seek
gravity
bouncy balls
wire crowns
twenty-three missed calls
running through the rain
second chances
rolling
seven days
fifty-eight minutes
inertia
F = ma
equals
opposites
green sweaters
flute players
black eyes
the sky
tag
matching friendship rings
wishing
falling
cause and effect
blue
yes

Fears Quote

Dandelion

Snapshot

Scenic tower, where Liz once made wishes on sunshine.

awesome!!

TP-ing

Hide and seek behind the old brown couch

beyond the sky...

BONUS:

the cover
THIS IS MY COVER GUYS THE COVER OF MY BOOK OMFG

the interior


(for more pictures, visit my Pinterest board for FALLING)



No comments:

Post a Comment