Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Game of Sevens


So, Meredith Barnes has posted a game for authors on her blog (see here). The rules are:

1. Go to the seventh or seventy-seventh page of WIP.
2. Count down seven lines.
3. Copy the seven sentences that follow and post them on your blog.
4. Tag seven other authors (on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr--up to you!).

So, here are the seven sentences that begin on the seventh line on the seventy-seventh page of my manuscript. Enjoy!
***

As we remount, Aro calls casually over his shoulder, "You're the only thing keeping me from riding after your men, little girl. Remember that. If you care at all for their lives, you won't throw your own away so carelessly."

My teeth clench, but I say nothing. The impulsive decision that had seemed so lucid just a moment ago has faded to foolishness, and my cheeks are burning with my inanity. I glower at the back of Aro's head as Eras hovers beside me, ready to catch me if I decide to launch myself off the cliff again. But I'm not going to throw my life away so easily. Not yet.

***

Oops. Guess that was eight sentences. I'm such a cheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment